The majority of homeowners don’t give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or before it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be extremely useful to know how a refrigerator keeps your food cold—and Express Irvine Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to learn all you should know concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to reach out to refrigerator repair Irvine.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own household appliance for many years now. A refrigerator stores food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to stop rotting and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from the inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Express Irvine Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a pump and motor, and it’s need for the circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the rear exterior panel of the appliance and is there to emit the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator out to the air.
The evaporator is installed on the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat trapped inside of it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator stops working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquified refrigerant is transported through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device as it cools the gas, transforming the gas back into liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the temperature inside a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling cycle as required.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Irvine for repair right after a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature inside a refrigerator is above the set point sensors notify the compressor to start, and then the cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit guides the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the home and transforms to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquid then continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the many coils on the interior of the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, returning the temperature back to the desired set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and turns back to a gas state, and returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often found in several applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from one area and transferring it to somewhere else the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, provides a safe storage space for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? You can schedule service with Express Irvine Appliance Repair.
Express Irvine Appliance Repair is able to repair nearly all popular brands of refrigerators – including industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced repairman in Irvine complete training to fix issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart controls and other malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Express Irvine Appliance Repair